Our Property and Real Estate Department provides legal support to project developers on infrastructure and construction, estate planning, property conveyancing, procurement and project financing through debt and private equity. We provide coherent, considered and commercially sound advice to our clients on the legal and regulatory aspects of real estate development.
We also specialize in structuring project financing, creation and perfection of securities for lending institutions as well as regular advisory and insights with regard to changes in the construction industry and compliance with the National Construction Authority guidelines and National Environmental Management Authority Rules and Regulations.
We advise and offer legal services on a very wide range of real estate and financial related services and products including:
- Due diligence investigation
- Structuring infrastructural and real estate developments
- Structuring project financing
- Tax advisory
- Obtaining necessary approvals and licenses
- Preparation of Term Sheets/Offer Letters, Agreements for Sale and SubLeases
- Procuring Registration of the SubLeases and Site/Floor Plans.
- Preparation and perfection of security documents where the purchaser is being financed by a financial institution.
- Setting up of Management Company and transfer of shares to the respective purchasers
- Preparation of Home Owners Rules and Regulations governing the Estate
- Transfer of reversionary interest to the Management Company
- Overseeing the offcial handover of the Estate from the Developer to the Management Company.